JOHN MEANEY

29.7.11

PICTURE TOUR

I've been posting big essay-style posts over at Charlie Stross's blog. Whew. I do go on, don't I?

Anyway, here on more homely matters, my broken rib is healing nicely. Day off training yesterday, previous day was 60 mins on the exercise bike, 10 mins calisthenics, 10 min shadow kickboxing, 10 mins stretching. Getting there. More importantly, I've slept in bed for the last three nights, instead of upright in the armchair. And no painkillers for a few days, either.

A propos of absolutely bugger all, here's a photo tour of my writing study, where the action is. Here's the shelf with the books I've specifically highlighted in the bibliography at the back of Transmission. My research homework, in other words:


Desk, complete with NASA coffee mug (made in China). This is my writing laptop, and it's the oldest and smallest of my computers. Suits me.


Cluttered bookcases. Clutter generally...


And my attempts at keeping track of a trilogy with a plethora of storylines:





And more...



Plus there's a few other bookcases including this one...


It's the smallest room in the house, too. Literally. (Although not counting the actual brick outhouse, which is luckily a backup feature...)

3 Comments:

Anonymous mike cobley said...

Loved that trilogy wall, John. Thank god! - I'm not alone in such schematicising...

August 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger John Meaney said...

Hey, Mike

I'm not alone in such schematicising...

That's not dirty, is it?

Once you've plastered the wall with schemata(!), writing the actual books is just trivial, don't you think? Ha. Ha.

August 16, 2011 at 1:10 AM  
Blogger John Meaney said...

Al Reynolds does the same, but he uses a whiteboard (on account of having been a real Rocket Scientist).

August 16, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home